Looking for a Job? New Career?
Greenville News announces…Diversity Job Fair
- Wednesday, August 5th, 2009
- 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- McAlister Square, 225 South Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, SC 29609
Here are a couple of my thoughts…
- bring an extra dose of patience…there are going to be a whole lot of people there looking for jobs!
- bring copies of your resume…make sure it is current…have someone take an objective look at it.
- make sure your resume looks professional…do not make copies of copies!
- include references on your resume…name names!
- dress professionally.
- be prepared for an interview, if called upon.
- visit all the employers there.
- be selection with whom you leave your resume.
- try to talk to someone at the employer’s booth.
- take notes/get brochures of those that you leave resumes with.
- network, network, network!!!!
- car pool to the job fair!!!!!
- check out CareerBuilder.com for additional tips/suggestions.
Have fun…it is a great opportunity.
Don’t forget Career Care meets at North Side Baptist Church on Monday morning at 8:00am in the Green Room. Come join us for a time of encouragement, sharing of resources and networking.