I posted this message late last year. After this week and seeing so many hurting people. I thought it was worth a repost.
Getting through…the day…the night…the hour…the next few minutes.
I have been asked this question a lot lately…how do you do it? Followed by…I mean, you son has been very sick, you and Gail have a lot on you…how do ya’ll get through it?
Well, the answer is…one step at a time. We trust the Lord. Our faith our the Lord Jesus Christ carries us through our current circumstances.
Here are some Scripture verses that I frequently rely on…
- When I don’t know… Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Prov 3:5-6
- When I get anxious… Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7
- When I get self centered…I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Gal 2:20
- When I need guidance… All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Tim 3:16-17
- When I wonder why… And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28
- When I need to encourage others… And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. Heb 10:24-25
- When I feel as though I can’t voice a prayer… Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26
- When I feel that I need… The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me. All the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalms 23:1-6 (NKJV)
So, there you go…this is how I “get through…”. How about you?